In honor of day two of Virago Reading Week, I have decided to hold a giveaway. But this is no simple giveaway, this one requires a bit of work on your part. I will buy any VMC book currently in print for the person who can identify the Virago book cover art on the VRW banner/button I created.
Here are the rules.
1. The person with the most correct titles wins. Ties will be decided by random drawing.
2. I am looking for the title of the Virago book that had these paintings on their covers. Remember I am looking for the book title, not the title of the work of art.
3. Since I don’t want any of you giving away the answers in your comments, you must EMAIL your guesses to me at: onmyporch [at] hotmail [dot] com
4. Guesses must be submitted no later than midnight U.S. Eastern Standard Time on Sunday, January 30, 2011.
5. Once declared, the winner will have one week to choose a Virago currently in print they want me to send. I will ship anywhere in the world, the south side of the moon, and select postal codes on Mars.
UPDATE: Out of the blue, and totally unsolicited, Little Brown and Company (UK), the parent company of Virago, have offered to fulfill the prize for this giveaway on my behalf. So cheers to the generous folks at Virago!