Guest Post: Christmas at My Porch

var _gaq = _gaq || []; _gaq.push([‘_setAccount’, ‘UA-27881078-1’]); _gaq.push([‘_trackPageview’]); (function() { var ga = document.createElement(‘script’); ga.type = ‘text/javascript’; ga.async = true; ga.src = (‘https:’ == document.location.protocol ? ‘https://ssl’ : ‘http://www’) + ‘.google-analytics.com/ga.js’; var s = document.getElementsByTagName(‘script’)[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(ga, s); })();
John often has great suggestions for things that I could blog about. Sometimes I take his advice. Sometimes I don’t. When I don’t, it is either because I am being stubborn or I am too lazy. John’s work life is pretty demanding so he doesn’t have as much free time as I do, but there was a time before we moved into our house when he briefly had a blog of his own. He started A Small Garden Obsession when we had about a foot of snow on the ground in December of 2009. At the time his only gardening space was a 12′ x 16′ terrace which he turned into a really magnificent container garden. Anyhoo, the snow melted, we went off to Thailand, then we bought a house and John had a lot less time to think about keeping up a blog.

Recently John took a bunch of photographs and gave me all kinds of ideas for blog posts. So this post and the one following, while they don’t strictly count as guest posts, are inspired by his eye (and his love of Lucy).

Lucy loves a fire.

Me with bedhead.
After my post about beverages you may be wondering what is in the mug.
Hot cocoa, with a big “handcrafted” Williams-Sonoma marshmallow.

Lucy wants to wish you all Happy Holidays!

23 thoughts on “Guest Post: Christmas at My Porch

1. Desperate Reader December 21, 2011 / 3:23 pm

you do have a lovely home, a lovely dog, and I'm willing to bet a lovely partner. John's photo's are beautiful.

2. Ruthiella December 21, 2011 / 3:41 pm

This comment has been removed by the author.

3. Ruthiella December 21, 2011 / 3:43 pm

Lucy (and Thistle at A Striped Armchair) are the luckiest dogs! I don’t let my dogs read blogs because it would just make them jealous.

4. Cornflower December 21, 2011 / 3:52 pm

A very happy Christmas to all three of you!

5. Relish December 21, 2011 / 4:06 pm

Merry Christmas Lucy! From one Lucy to another.
    Beautiful cosy room and gorgeous Christmas tree. A very stylish Christmas to you all x

6. Jessica December 21, 2011 / 4:29 pm

Beautiful home and beautiful pics. I might be showing my ignorance here, but would you mind telling me what breed is Lucy? She's gorgeous.

7. ArchitectDesign™ December 21, 2011 / 4:41 pm

You have the most charming house. Good job on all of your hard work -it paid off!

8. everybookandcranny December 21, 2011 / 5:18 pm

Lucy looks like a sweetie!

I'm a bit envious of your drink display, and your fire (my fireplace is still full of candles from the summer), and your bedhead! I have naturally curly hair so you won't catch me posting any pics of mine! 🙂

9. rhapsodyinbooks December 21, 2011 / 6:00 pm

I love the pics, especially Lucy gazing into the fire! And sorry, but you couldn't have bedhead if you tried! (or maybe you could, but you clearly didn't try hard enough for this picture! LOL)

10. rhonda December 21, 2011 / 9:18 pm

happy holidays.Your home looks beautiful &inviting &Lucy is delicious.

11. Mystica December 21, 2011 / 11:35 pm

Beautiful, such warm photographs. Have a wonderful Christmas.

12. Inkslinger December 22, 2011 / 12:36 am

Everything is so gorgeous, especially Lucy. Happy Holidays to the three of you!

13. columnist December 22, 2011 / 3:31 am

Merry Christmas you two, from the boys in Bangkok!

14. Sarah Faragher December 22, 2011 / 9:39 am

Merry Christmas from Maine! It was great to meet all three of you last summer, on the island!

15. joan.kyler December 22, 2011 / 10:12 am

I would love to find a Lucy dog under my Christmas tree! She's the best. Thanks for sharing her, your home, your reading and books, and John's lovely photos.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all three of you.

16. Georgia Jones December 22, 2011 / 12:06 pm

Merry Christmas from my home to your BEAUTIFUL home. John takes magnificant pictures. Thanks for sharing them

P.S. Milo and Frederick wish Lucy a Happy Christmas…..they said she is a beauty even if she is a dog.

17. A Bookish Space December 22, 2011 / 2:15 pm

A lovely post. John certainly has an eye for taking beautiful photographs! Merry Christmas to the three of you!

18. Margaret Evans Porter December 22, 2011 / 2:35 pm

Love all the photos, and a Lucy appearance is always most welcome! John has a wonderful eye.
    The 2nd photo looks to me so much like a James Aponovich still life. Exquisite!

19. JoAnn December 23, 2011 / 10:06 am

Glad it's cocoa in the mug… was worried for a moment it might be the soy sauce 😉 Merry Christmas, Thomas!

20. Susan in TX December 23, 2011 / 7:44 pm

More great pics – thanks for sharing Lucy (and John's talent) with us.

21. mel u December 24, 2011 / 7:46 pm

Lucy is just tooo lovely for words-!!