Happy Adoption Day Lucy!

A year ago yesterday Lucy came to live with us. I don’t know what we would  do without her. If you are thinking of getting a pet, go to a shelter…lots of great dogs and cats are waiting for homes.

Not only are her ears soft and big, but that is where the love is.

Relaxing after a play session.

Lucy trying to steal Lucy’s stick. It just so happens that Lucy’s
best friend in the neighborhood is also called Lucy.

Speed racer.

13 thoughts on “Happy Adoption Day Lucy!

1. betsy November 1, 2011 / 5:30 pm

With those ears I bet she can hear what you are thinking! Some Basenji?

2. Megan November 1, 2011 / 9:56 pm

Too cute that Lucy's best friend is Lucy. Guess they have a lot in common! 😉

3. M. Denise C. November 1, 2011 / 10:27 pm

Love that action shot! Happy Adoption Day, Lucy:-)

4. joan.kyler November 2, 2011 / 8:00 am

Oh, oh, oh! She's the cutest! And you're all so lucky to have found one another!

5. Susan in TX November 2, 2011 / 8:10 am

It's been a fast year. Happy adoption day to you and Lucy!

6. GeraniumCat November 2, 2011 / 8:51 am

What a gorgeous girl, I can just imagine how silky those ears are! Both our dogs came from a rescue home and they are blissful, and my parents have a rescue greyhound, who has been transformed in a year from a shy nervous creature to a happy bouncy one.

7. JoAnn November 2, 2011 / 9:26 am

Lucy is one lucky pup – so happy you found each other!

8. pagesofjulia November 2, 2011 / 10:24 am

Lovely! Happy day to you all! Love the ears; my boys both have plenty of ears, too. 🙂 My how time flies, we just celebrated 3 and 9 years respectively with ours… Here's to many more years. For all of us.

9. Margaret Evans Porter November 2, 2011 / 4:29 pm

Happy adoption anniversary to all!
    I know the adoption dates of our dogs, too. Worthy of celebrating!

10. mel u November 2, 2011 / 8:39 pm

Lucy is just tooo cute and I am a life time cat lover!

11. Heather Bond November 3, 2011 / 12:20 pm

That dog is wicked cute! Thanks for the great photos, they made my day.

12. Thomas at My Porch November 3, 2011 / 2:11 pm

Thanks everyone, Lucy is very grateful for all the good wishes. Betsy–the ears are Corgi, we think the rest is some kind of hound.

13. (Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea November 5, 2011 / 10:49 pm

I'm so happy that Lucy has worked out so well for you. Shelter animals make you happy you adopted them –they work harder to please you, IMO.