Time for Game Night!

Back in November I had this game in my hands when we were in The Conran Shop in London. For some reason I didn’t buy it. Probably because it was too big for my suitcase and I had 100 Penguin books I was already taking as carry-on.

Then I got back to the U.S. and found out how hard it is to actually get this game on this side of the pond.  I think Frances had tried to no avail as well. I emailed a friend in London and asked him to get it for me and ship it to me. He never replied to my email. So what is a boy to do?

A few weeks ago Polly had a post about The Literary Gift Company which has so many fantastic things for booklovers it will make your head (and your credit card) spin. Well, it cost me a pretty penny to have it shipped, but it arrived yesterday and I couldn’t be more excited.

So, DC Book Bloggers: Let’s have game night.

As much as I want to, I am not even going to open the sealed box of questions until we play it for the first time. (Although the game box itself is huge, I must admit that I am a little surprised at the somewhat small size of the box of questions. Frances’ game of literary first lines seemed to have many more. )

Frances, Teresa, Hannah, others….when should we take the game for a spin?

8 thoughts on “Time for Game Night!

1. StuckInABook July 7, 2011 / 11:28 am

I have this, and Sakura, Claire, a couple friends and I played it together – good fun!

2. Brenna July 7, 2011 / 4:57 pm

Wow, Thomas. This game looks like so much fun!

3. Frances July 7, 2011 / 7:09 pm

Yes! But I'm bringing wine this time.

4. Thomas at My Porch July 7, 2011 / 9:38 pm

Simon: I hope we don't find it impossibly hard.

Teresa: Yay.

Brenna: It is pretty as an object as well.

Frances: I will throw in a bottle or two myself.

5. agoodstoppingpoint July 7, 2011 / 10:21 pm

I've been hoping for a chance to meet some area bloggers, and I love games even if I don't know how well I'd do at this particular one!

– Christy

6. chasingbawa July 10, 2011 / 6:29 pm

This was indeed fun, although I think we found the Book Lover's Trivial Pursuit to be much, much harder. Enjoy!

7. Ash July 10, 2011 / 8:54 pm

I want this so much. I'm obsessed with games and I know I could rock this.